SORRY.....

9th March 2014
After a great deal of thought and taking in all the changes in my life over the past eighteen months or so, I have decided that for the the time being, at least, I will only be posting once a week on a Monday from now on.......

OLD TEMPLATES AND FILES
I am sorry I cannot send out any templates, poems etc. that I may have previously offered in the past, the files have been lost and I have chosen not to redo them

Monday, 24 June 2013

Just An Idea

I love Scrabble letters, in any shape or form ….. only trouble is I am loathe to use them …. but, what’s the point of having a cupboard of lovely stuff that you then don’t use?
Scrabble CoastersMy sister Jan found this tin of scrabble coasters for me, she kept the tin, as she has a thing about tins …… and I had the coasters!
imagesThere are 54 cardboard coasters in all, two complete alphabets and two blanks, with word or letter scores on the back which I would say feel a lot stronger  than “real” beer mats. They measure 9.5cm x 9.5cm.
I had them with the idea of giving them individually as small “token” gifts with a perhaps plain white mug at the start of a new school year ….. if I do, I think I would give them a couple of coats of varnish on both sides first to make them wipe proof and more durable. Or …. I think there could be a personalised calendar idea somewhere in my head ….. or even a framed personalised name for an office?
Looking on the net I have found that the price of the tin varies from £9.99 to £13.99,  so if you fancy a tin it may be worth shopping around, but at £9.99 they work out at approximately 9p each ….. it’s a no brainer really with a bit of imagination …..
http://greatgearstore.com/product/Scrabble/Alphabet-Coaster-Set/?id=6577&kw=Scrabble-Alphabet-Coaster-Set&campaignID=5&cur=&gclid=CMjV6uCa6LcCFeTLtAodiwYAnQ

2 comments:

marc said...

fab I am with you if you have it then use it for your self or share with others big love marc

camcraft said...

Loving the scrabble mats.

I recently found these at a charity shop for a couple of pounds.
http://www.portobellogames.co.uk/4/snatch
The game of Snatch. It has 100 tiled letters made from a tough clear resin type tile. The tube is also very sturdy, not cardboard, but a very solid plastic.
Carole