Thursday 4 July 2019

Heads Up - The Works Origami Stacks

Just a quick heads up today ........

........for two new origami stacks from The Works.  They cost £5, but if you subscribe to The Works website you get some fantastic online only deals, I always try to take advantage whenever there's a 30% discount on offer. I also have a loyalty card which also comes in very handy at the end of the month if I have earned enough points for a free something or other.
The papers measure approx 6ins x 6ins.  There are 24 different designs in each stack of over 400 pages.  I would say that it isn't the thickest/strongest of paper (because of it's origami nature),  I don't think I would perhaps use it to cover the whole of a card front (but I need to play) however, as a background to a design or side/top or drawer front of an Advent calendar they are just perfect. 
 It's the proportion of the designs that I particularly like ..........

....... they are perfect for the scale I usually work with, as above.  I haven't tried die cutting with the papers yet, that's an experiment for another day.

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

Hmmmm...these papers should work well for iris folding, which makes some very pretty cards. Have you tried iris folding?