Monday 11 May 2020

Lady Bug Card

This card measures 6ins by 6ins and uses a pre-scored Hobbycraft blank.
Bugs and Kisses ladybug card
I am particularly chuffed with this card as it came together so effortlessly, despite my flagging mojo, nothing, for once, ended up in the bin for once!
IMG_5121
I used the ladybirds and sentiment from this pack of cardboard stickers, that I believe, came from Poundland …….
IMG_5122
……. and these trusty old old punches go back for far too many years to remember.
Ladybug and daisy card
I decided to layer the daisies to give the card some extra dimension, especially when they are fluffed up a bit.
Punched daisies
The gold circles and oblongs are nail art embellishments are also from Poundland.  Originally I doodled the heart shaped frame, but as I added the flower centre studs, I wondered if the oblongs might work if I added them to the lines, I think they did!
Ranger Glossy Accents
I put a layer of Ranger Glossy Accents on both of the ladybirds and sentiment, again to add some extra texture and dimension.  The finishing touches were made with a scattering of groups of three white dots using a white gel pen.  Voila!

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Very sweet card. I think your mojo was hanging around during the creation of this one!

tilly said...

Love this cute card, I used have the daisy dies but it finally broke and I can't find one to replace it with
Tilly

CraftyCoffey said...

Your card is lovely, perfect for the warm sunny weather we’re getting (occasionally).

Michele

Di said...

Hi Helen! Just checking up on you :) LOVE this card, it's so pretty! Remember when we only had the option of using punches rather than dies - and we had to stand on the very stiff ones to get them to punch through card. Stay safe dear girl.

Love, Di xx