Monday 21 December 2020

Snowman Card Revisited ……

I posted this 5.5ins by 5.5ins card (below) a few weeks ago saying that I wasn’t really sure about it ……

Snowman Christmas Card on a black and white background

….. well, I have played around with it and come up with a very apologetic, unimaginative, typical formulaic fiddle fart answer …….

IMG_8201

……. in other words, I simply trimmed it down quite a bit, mat and layered it on red and silver and then faux stitched it to an inch of its life! 

IMG_8202

Yes, I like it better, but, not that I am making any New Years Resolutions, in 2021 I need to step out of the comfort zone that I seemed to have been stuck in for the past five years or so and start moving away from my boring square cards, with a mat and layered sticker/embellishment plonked in the middle.  I guess, with not making orders with all the bizarre, weird and wonderful requests I used to get I have just got very, very stale and incredibly lazy as far as cards are concerned, slapped wrist …… and must do an awful lot better!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I love the changes you made. And I like your signature style. I'm not sure there's any need to change, unless you really want to.

tilly said...

mat and layering has changed to look entirely, so much more interesting
Tilly