Friday 1 January 2021

New Year 2021 …….

Well, I think it has to be a tentative "Hello" to 2021 …… only because of what 2020 bought with it ......

FB_IMG_1594544154980

....... however, not wishing to jinx anything, naturally I felt I had to toast the New Year in with a chilly Long Island Iced Tea, my cocktail of choice ...... well, it would have been rude not to!
IMG_9030_thumb[2]

No resolutions this year, just the hope that we can all continue to stay safe while patiently waiting the call/text to arrange our appointments to finally receive the Covid-19 vaccine, I tell you, my sleeve is already well and truly rolled up in anticipation.

seat by the river_thumb[3]

In the meantime, I simply plan to keep my nose well and truly down, having, as far as I can, a no spend January, doing the school run three afternoons a week, while trying to clean and tidy The Towers after the ravages of Christmas and New Year plus several sleepovers, because at the moment everywhere looks like a bomb has hit it.  I need a really, really good chuck out, but I am delaying that for a week or so just to make sure that the charity shops are taking in new stuff. 

IMG_7338After eleven odd years Fiddle Fart is a very hard habit to kick, but as I haven't crafted for the past four weeks or so and have no scheduled posts in the pipeline there might only be one or two "fill in/bitty" posts a week for a while until I get back into the swing of things. I have a few ideas ...... and as it's going to be a no spend month I did manage to sneak in an order for a few things from The Works before 2020 was over ......... 

HAPPY NEW YEAR

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Happy New Year to you, too! I am also feeling tentative about welcoming the new year too robustly. I'm just not sure what it has in store for us, so I'll take it a day at a time. Stay healthy and safe!

tilly said...

Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy and Covid free New Year, and hopefully holidays with the children
Tilly