Wednesday 24 November 2021

Inspiration Needed ……… For Extra Large Domino Pieces

Huston we have a problem ……. I just can’t leave any wooden children’s dominoes on a charity shop shelf when I find them, especially when they are priced at only £1 or even 50p per box!IMG_0011

This are my latest purchase, made by Chad Valley, so brilliant quality, 28 pieces in the box and they are huge, measuring 13.5cm x 7cm  and 1cm deep.  If I bought MDF blanks from eBay can you imagine how much they would cost, when these only cost me £1.

IMG_0007

When put beside my normal crafty domino stash you can see how just big they are …….

IMG_0006

……. the dolphin ones being my usual domino “go to” size, with the middle ones the next step up for my snowman tags. Have I bitten off more than I can chew with these new mahoooosive ones, because at the moment I don’t have a clue what to do with them?  With their thickness, they can easily stand alone on a shelf, perhaps a simple Christmas  plaque? I would really have to scale up on my embellishment stock or dare I have a go at painting?   ALL suggestions would be very, very welcome ……………………..

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

Hmmmm...I think I would create the letters J, O, and Y with my Silhouette to fit the size of the block. I'd paint the blocks, glue on the letters and coat them with Glossy Accents, add some snow, holly, etc. They could then stand on a shelf or mantel as a Christmas decoration. I would try NOEL and DEC 25, as well. I'd also think about using 6 of them to spell out EASTER and add little bunnies, colored eggs, flowers, etc. As an EASTER decoration, the blocks coud all be painted in different pastel colors. I'm sure you'll have much better ideas. Looking forward to seeing what you create.