Monday 16 May 2022

Adventures In Resin ………. Christmas Gift Tags

Well, since I went and ordered another larger resin kit from Amazon I guess I have sort of got the bug, but after that’s used up I think that will be it for a little while.

Resin Gift Tags - Christmas Trees

In my last resin post I was struggling with air bubbles forming in front of the snow/glitter card.  When I did some research several YouTubers suggested covering paper with white glue first, which I presume was PVA, so that’s what I did…….

Resin Christmas Tree Gift Tags.

….. allowing the first/bottom layer of resin to set hard first, then adding the glitter card, generously coated with PVA on both sides and then leaving it to dry for at least 24 hours, before adding the stars, snowflakes and the final layer of resin.

Resin Gift Tags

I’ll be honest, when I removed the resin from the moulds my heart sank, I had either been too generous with the PVA or too impatient to add the next layer of resin or both, because the glue appeared to be still wet within the resin, causing the glitter affect to disappear beneath a sea of white, aghhhhh. However, I put the tags on the windowsill and over a period of weeks (I know, weeks) the glue slowly dried in the resin, only one remains stubborn, but should be fine too in another week or so. So yet another steep learning curve.

Resin Christmas Tree Gift Tags

My next experiment, will needless to say, involve a lot less PVA and I’m also going to reverse the process, putting the glitter card in first, then when dry the tree and then the stars and snowflakes, the front being what you see when you look at the mould rather than the back, if that makes sense?

Resin Christmas Lights Gift Tag

I just love how the strings of Christmas lights turned out, far less brain work was needed for them, just a layer of resin which was allowed to set for a couple of hours, followed by the lights and stars and then another layer of resin, simples! I have another pack of light embellishments (£1 One Below)  which should be enough to make at least another ten tags.

Resin Christmas Light Gift Tag

I have a couple more ideas for things to put in a tag  …… I just need the time and the patience!

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

They all look great, but I especially love the ones with the strings of lights. They are SO cute!! Love seeing your resin projects.