Tuesday 25 October 2022

Snowman Snowball Christmas Tree Ornament.

Two more hanging ornaments today, made using part of the weird and wonderful potpourri I bought for £1.50 a few weeks back from my favourite Evesham charity shop? 

Snowman in a Snowball Christmas Scene DecorationChristmas Rabbit in a snowball

The snowman snowball used the largest of the seed pods (I wouldn’t mind finding a few more of these to be honest) and the rabbit, the last of the middle sized ones.

IMG_0804_thumb4IMG_0805_thumb3

I started by giving the pods two coats, inside and out, of a Wilko white emulsion test pot.

IMG_0823_thumb2IMG_0825_thumb3

When everything was thoroughly dry I  used my electric hobby drill to make a hole for a screw eye hook in the top of the pods.

IMG_0822_thumb6IMG_1013_thumb12

I then used Hobbycraft white, Superlight Air Drying Clay in the bottom of the shell/pod for the snow.

IMG_1012_thumb1

Adding the bristle brush Christmas tree was a right fiddle fart trying to get it to sit at the right height and angle to fit just behind the snowman so that it showed, but I got there in the end.  The tree was held in place with good dollop of E-7000 just in case the clay shrinks over time.

IMG_1013IMG_1016

The snowman came in packs of two from Hobbycraft several years ago now (I bought them in bulk as they were so cute and a really usable size), this one, I see, needs a spot of orange paint to the side of his nose where the original paint has chipped slightly.

IMG_1017

The finishing touches came by adding several layers of DecoArt Snow Writer round the edges for added dimension and texture  ……

IMG_1020

……… followed by a generous sprinkling of ultra fine, translucent glitter to add the Christmas magic.

Snowman in a seed pod Christmas Tree decorationSnowman in A Snowball Tree ornament

The little Victorian rabbit, goodness knows where she came from, was made in exactly the same way ……..

IMG_1065Christmas Rabbit in a snowball

…… again secured with a good measure of E-7000.

Like I said in my last “snowball” post I am now on the charity shop prowl for other tiny, wintery/Christmas figures to put in other similar receptacles as I’ve really loved making these one of a kind pieces.  Happy days

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I can see why these are so satisfying to make. You had all the right components in the right sizes, and they turned out so cute!

tilly said...

who would have thought the little pods could make such stunning tree ornaments lol Tilly

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your patience is wonderful, I am loving what you are doing with these tiny figures.
Faith x

Anonymous said...

Love love love yep you know I would love these big love marc