Monday 15 May 2023

Guest Crafter – Iris Roo’s One World.

My apologies, I really, really, really have lost my mojo of late, but thank goodness Iris Roo has been able to help me out by filling an otherwise empty post with this absolute treasure………..

IMG_1695

If ever there was a set of dies that have proved to be worth their weight in gold, it’s the original Sizzix Doll Body, along with it’s various hairstyles and boy/girl outfits.

IMG_20190512_184035

Iris has always spent forever putting them together, I even have a much treasured picture of her with Auntie Marc, cutting out hundreds of dolls and outfits when she was about 3 or 4.

IMG_1685

We took an old Poundland bathroom plaque (25p from a Christmas sale years ago) covering the original image with one of the world, found on Google images and then printed off. 

IMG_1687

I can now see in the picture (above) that it’s centring leaves a lot to be desired , but it’s Iris’s work, so “tush” Nanny!

thumbnail (4)

She then added two googly eyes and a silver heart on the nose

IMG_1688

I believe every doll had a special character, a family and a story ……..

IMG_1690IMG_1693IMG_1692

…… with one having cancer, another with a broken arm, a queen ……….

IMG_1691IMG_1694

…… and, I think, two missionaries, which is why Iris was very exacting when I helped her place and then glue them in place on to the frame.

IMG_1695

Boy can that girl rock a self adhesive gem!  In all, it took Iris two mornings to complete her idea ……. two mornings of many, many memories ……..

thumbnail (1)thumbnail (3)

……… where I proved that I could still multitasked showing Bertie how to use publisher, bless him, all be it on a very, very ancient version, he was soooooo chuffed!  Happy days!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Iris' work of art is just that - a work of art. I can see she has an inclusive heart that's as big as the world.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What fun you must have had and what a fabulous result from Iris, so much thought went into it from her. Love Bertie so intent on that screen :)
Faith x

Seaside Karen said...

Well done Iris, I especially love all the stories your people of the world have x