Monday 24 July 2023

Still Struggling ........... So I'm Taking A Break

My heartfelt apologies ......... but I have decided to take a break until 4th September, at least, as I still remain without a single iota of inspiration or will to craf, so I have decided not to push it.  

I have my first "Craft Fayre" on 4th August, so I am been busy putting together all my crafty makes leftover from Christmas, Halloween etc. which will take up a small corner of my table, the rest will be filled with all the spare crafty bits and pieces that I know I probably won't use or don't inspire me anymore, along with a cuttlebug, a Tattered Lace Baby Blue, piles of cello bags and envelopes, dies and stamps. There's mountains of it, and I am really being savage in my cull. What doesn't sell this time will be carried on to the September Fayre and then I'll see where I am. I think once I am on the list of regulars I may be able to continue in this vain until I have cleared all I want to clear.

With the exception of the few larger items, I am going to keep prices low to either 50p or £1 (easy to add up and give change) appealing to fellow crafts who like a bargain and children with a bit of pocket money to spend.

I found a white double sheet in a local charity shop (£3.50) to cover my table and have ordered a hundred stripey paper bags, so I am pretty much set.

I have to admit that just seeing the sheer volume of stuff I no longer want has been overwhelming, to be honest at the moment it all feels more of  a burden rather than the wonderful treasure it once was, if that makes sense?  

However, I still have Halloween, Christmas and New Year in mind, hoping that, while giving myself a proper break, I'll begin to start putting a few ideas together for my usual random acts of crafty kindness, plus all my festive fairings for family, friends and school, so if I do put anything together over the next few weeks, I'll schedule them from September, so that I already have a bank of ideas to hopefully re-start my regular posts ...... we shall see. In the meantime have a very, very brilliant summer.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the craft fair.

Michele

Cheryl W said...

Enjoy your respite from regular posting, and good luck with your culling, sorting and selling.

tilly said...

I hope your crafting table/unwanted stash goes well, I see you coming back with new inspiration and fresh ideas, enjoy the break xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

We all need a break when life overwhelms us. Go do your "thing" and enjoy it without the pressure of the blog too. We'll be here when you come back to let us know you were hugely successful? Good Luck.
Faith x

D elve D said...

I so enjoy reading your blogs but also appreciate the amount of time, trouble & dedication it takes too... hope the events go well, can't understand why it won't be the case but fingers crossed xoxo I only wish I lived close by or I'd be there routing a bargain out like a shot! lol