Wednesday 6 October 2021

An inkling Of An Idea For A Christmas Village Wreath

Following on from Monday's wreath ........... when I’d all but finished Marc’s wreath I remembered that I’d got some houses in a little wooden village that I hadn’t used, doh …….. and that set off an inkling of an idea ……….

wreath

https://www.marthastewart.com/1095678/it-makes-village

I’d always liked the idea of a snowy village type wreath like the one above by Martha Stewart ………. what if I used the little wooden buildings on something like that?

The Works Wooden Cristmas Wreath

Then, I also remembered the wooden wreaths they’d had reduced (from £6 to £3) for a couple of months now in The Works that I’d picked up, pondered and then put down again on several occasions ….. they would be perfect for the idea that was manifesting in my brain, but had I left it too late, after all this time had they finally gone?  My heart leapt when I saw they still had them and promptly bought two (perhaps I should have even bought a couple more?)

The Works Wooden Christmas Wreath 1

The next hurdle was whether I could prize (with my best kitchen knife) the pieces of wood that made up the bow off the main body of the wreath …….. I could!

The Works Wooden Christmas Wreath 3

Soooooooo, my idea is to cover the embossed design with a textured white paint and then add little ledges all the way round, made from wooden dominoes and then use the various wooden buildings I have to create little scenes, a bit like the ones I made last year as tree decorations …………. that’s the theory, I don’t think it’s going to be as easy as it is in my head, but we shall see.

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I'm excited to see the finished wreath! Hope you'll share a few pics along the way.

tilly said...

The Martha Stewart one is fantastic and I'm sure yours will be a work of art as well, good luck !
Tilly

SeasideKaren said...

Oooh it sounds marvellous, I can’t wait to see it!

Tammy said...

I always have trouble seeing your photos. I use an iPad, and follow you via a blog reader but even when I click through to see your blog via safar, I still can’t see the photos