Monday 14 November 2022

Spooky Halloween Haunted House Hanging Decoration.

Christmas stash busting ……….

Halloween Haunted House - Craft Stick House

Unfortunately, this idea came in to my head too late for this Halloween, but at least I can be sad enough to say I’ve already made a start on next year! The idea follows on from the Christmas Cabin decorations posted the other week and on which I think I can finally say I have used up all the Hobbycraft fairy doors I purchased a couple of Christmas’s ago (pack of 4 for £1). 

Hobbycraft-Fairy-Doors-CHristmas-Emb[2]

The cabins were made in exactly the same way as the Christmas ones ……

IMG_1173_thumb3IMG_1178_thumb4

……. it’s just the embellishment that is completely different and over the top.

IMG_1180_thumb4

IMG_1179_thumb3 

IMG_1181_thumb3IMG_1170_thumb4

So, when the basic cabins were complete I started by colouring the front and back orange and the door, windows and roof purple. I’ll admit I had doubts about my choice of colours but by then it was too late.  I also gave both sides a couple of coats of quick dry, clear, gloss varnish for good measure ……….

IMG_1210IMG_1213

……. before adding the green Dovecraft Enamel Effects wherever I fancied it oozing from before leaving to dry overnight.

IMG_1215

Then  I sorted out all manner of MDF Halloween shapes (eBay) I still managed to have left,  all were coloured and Glossy Accented to an inch of their lives.

IMG_1240IMG_1241

This was followed by all the fiddle fart, where I started by cutting down the already very small pieces of Halloween confetti to fit the windows,  putting a skull bead on the top of the porch canopy, a skeleton by the door  and bats on the roof. The door didn’t look right so I went over the embossed details with a fine, black, permanent pen, now it looked right!

IMG_1242

Next came a ghost, black cat and headstones.

IMG_1262IMG_1264

Then the detail just went insane.

IMG_1267IMG_1265

All the creatures got tiny, nail art, gem eyes, tombstones a little engraving, and the door knob an eye ball ……..

IMG_1261

…… but my favourite was the door wreath with another three watching eyes!

IMG_1214IMG_1239

I’m not sure what other people do on the reverse of their flat decorations, I’m always curious.  I tend to embellish them too, because if they’re hung on a Halloween tree/branch it could be visible from another angle, anal I know! I just can’t help it ……..

IMG_1266

….. and these were no exception, with the backs of any creatures coloured in to match their fronts, more oozing slime and bejewelled spiders to fill in some of the empty space.

Halloween Haunted House Hanging Decoration - Craft Stick House.

I think these is my favourite Halloween idea of this year, even if they seemed to take an age to complete.  I suppose now I should turn to thinking Valentines and Easter cottages ……… I wonder if I can find any more doors, perhaps I didn’t get enough after all!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

So many details! I don't know how you have the patience. Love them, though, and everytime I look at them, I see something new. That's the fun of it.

Anonymous said...

Perfect for Halloween and you’re all set for next year now.

Michele