Monday 13 March 2023

Charles lll Coronation Brooch/Badge Favours

Sorry, only two posts this week, I’m really short of finished projects to post at the moment.

So I’m not sure how involved I’m going to be in the Coronation, other than being glued to the tele all day and I’m not sure either what Iris and Bertie’s school will be doing, but “just in case” I thought I would make some souvenir badges for all the staff plus the children in the class I listen to read.

IMG_1047

I ordered the assorted, wooden, laser cut crowns from China a while ago with this idea in mind. It was much cheaper to order 50 in bulk over there, than in the UK and as I ordered well in advance it didn’t matter how long they took to arrive.

IMG_1048

I sprayed one side of the crowns with gold paint and then sprinkled them immediately with ultra fine, gold glitter so that it would stick to the drying paint.

IMG_1090

When everything was dry I added small, clear flat back gems for extra coronation bling using E-7000 for a really secure fix ……….

IMG_1118

…….. before adding various sized brooch backs, according to the width of the crowns using the same glue. I didn’t want to risk any coming off.

IMG_1087IMG_1088

I made the backing cards using my ancient copy of Publisher 2003, cutting them out when printed and then putting two punch holes roughly in the middle for the brooch pin to go through.

IMG_1123

To keep the cards clean and fresh looking until the big day I sealed them in narrow cellobags using my again ancient, but invaluable vacuum sealer.

IMG_1124

Et voila ………


……. another very simple project done and dusted.

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

A fun pin to wear and a nice remembrance of the day.

Anonymous said...

I love the brooches and I too will be glued to the TV watching the coronation.

Michele

Seaside Karen said...

That’s a lovely idea, they’ve turned out perfectly. I’m not sure what we’ll do on the coronation either, no one in our flats seem to be as enthusiastic about a garden party as they were for our beloved Queen, so we might be glued to the tv too….with a glass of fizz in hand!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous you needvto get some on ebay I am sure they would sell love them big love Marc