I’ve used Papermania scrabble tiles bought in a sale ages ago.
I made a base for the letters using a strong card, but realised it wouldn’t be strong enough, so added another two layers, glueing them all together, putting a small silver bail between the layers to attach a ball chain.
I then covered the tiles with Anita’s 3D gloss finish. To stop the layers of card showing I have gone round the sides with a permanent black marker pen.
This is my prototype, the gloss finish is too thick and uneven – mostly due to my impatience! Now I know that the idea will work, I will make a few more, but next time will take more care and time!