I had bought these two sets alphabet stamps from The Range for just £1 each and thought after my success in using my Tim Holtz stamping platform I might be able to do something with them.
It proved a little trickier than I anticipated because, for me, the letters were a little too distanced apart for my liking so a bit of careful trimming of the stamp surrounds ensued until I was, reasonably, happy.
The the random lettering was duly stamped with a clear embossing ink and again I was very impressed with how the stamping platform worked. I then added silver embossing powder to the stamping which I "set" with my ancient heat gun.
Then things went a little awry. The heat gun warped the paper, a problem I need to experiment with, but as a result of the warping, the paper would not lie flat on the card and wrinkled, aghhhhh. I also mat and layered it on silver mirror card, goodness only knows why, as it added nothing to the card, it should have been on fuchsia pink to accentuate the stars. I then went overboard with the doodling using a white gel pen and stars ...... but given the occasion it sort of works
I have kept the card as a reference for how not to do it, there was no way I could have given it anyone, but I intend to work on the idea some more as I have left the stamps as they were on the platform ...... so watch this space!