This jar was made in the summer when I had a big thing about making lanterns, to be honest the Ronseal quick drying varnish dried unbelievably quickly in the warm weather and I could also have the window open to ventilate my craft room.
I used blue tissue paper and Decopatch glue on the jar and when it was covered completely added the self adhesive stars, it was all a lot of guess work as I just wasn’t too sure whether the blue colour would allow the light to shine through enough. But this first attempt was disappointing, it was too patchy, so I applied another layer of paper.
The result (below) was much better, but perhaps blue isn’t really the best colour for lanterns.
I used a thin blue jewellery making wire for the hanger, with lots of winding and twisting to make it secure.