Friday, 8 May 2015

A Project Returned To …..

As I have said before, I have a small box of projects, mainly jewellery,  that remain unfinished because I am not happy with them, but don’t really know where to go with them either.
This is a pendant I started to make, ages ago, when I was first experimenting with microscope slides and foil tape sent to me by Marc.  I liked the idea of the printed page background, which has seemed to discolour even more in the box, which I love, but the heart just looks too stark and I wonder if it is too obvious being placed in the middle? 
Then I found this pack of letraset rub-ons hidden away and wondered if I could do anything with them on the pendant
I wasn’t sure if they would stick to the glass, but they did ….. but I am afraid, once again it all looked to obvious, and the heart and the rub-ons just don’t seem to flow together.
And then, to add insult to injury, I decided to add some clear flat backed gems ….. and it all came crashing down again. I think it’s called trying too hard!!!!!  I know the best place now for this is the bin, but sometimes it’s hard to admit defeat, when you know the inkling of an idea is there.  It’s the heart that’s wrong, the letraset is too heavy, it’s not subtle and there’s no flow ……. I should really start it all again from scratch ….. and put it out of it’s misery!!!