Sunday 23 August 2009

How To Make An Itsy Bitsy Advent Calendar.

I have been asked for some instructions on how to make my little Advent Calendars. I am hoping that the pictures will do most of the work, please bear with me, I'll try my best and hope I get everything in the right order .........


First, design your numbers. I used A4 page setting in Publisher and 2 Peas font "Typo" (download from http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/), font size 16 for December and font size 65 for the number. Each square measures approx. 4.5cm x 4 cm. I managed to get all 25 on one sheet. Cut numbers out.To make the body of the calendar, cut a piece of card (I used dark blue leather effect) approx. 9cm long x 6.5cm wide. Add two wavy strips of white glitter card along the bottom . Put a length of ribbon on top of the "snow", leaving enough to stick behind the card to give a neater finish. Add a bow to the main ribbon by threading a smaller piece underneath and making a single knot. Mat and layer on silver card.

Cut a co-ordinating piece of card approx 5cm x 5cm and mat and layer on silver card and stick onto the snow scene.


Decorate a mini bulldog clip with co-ordinating ribbons and secure the numbers in its grip. Carefully attach the clip to the calendar body.

Add an embellishment to one side of the calendar, I used a "Dress It Up" snowman button. As a finishing touch add several clusters of three dots on the sky area in white pen.

Finally stick a magnet on the back. And voila!!!

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow what a fantastic idea... you have inspired me to have a go myself.
Sandra xx

Its All Fiddle Fart said...

Thank you!

I'm fed up of chocolate Advent Calendars of Barbie and Thomas the Tank Engine!

My original idea was to make something small and subtle, that I could give the other girls in my office to hang on their notice boards next to their desks.

vixen said...

Thankyou so much for posting some instructions of how to make your Itsy Bitsy Advent Calendar. I hope to get a chance to make it soon. hopefuly before xmas 09 lol.

from boland:)

Niki said...

oh how cute are these itsy bitsy advents :). I am going to make a few of these, one will be given to my DS as he will be at uni for the first half of December and this will be easy to post to him :)
Thanks for posting them.

Valerie said...

Love these itsy bitsies, thanks for posting
valerie x

Sarah said...

Wow, that is fantastic, thank you for the tutuorial, definitely going to try making one of these x