Monday 31 August 2009

A Wedding Card

wedding
This is a wedding card I made recently for a friend.  I love looking at Digi Scrapping sites but have used the images in my cards rather than in a scrapbook.
The newspaper is a template I made and have used it for all sorts of occasions.  A lot of people ask me to make a card that includes personal details and a newspaper format is just perfect for that.
Using the template, I have selected colours to suit the occasion, added the details given to me and then pasted  the bride and groom and glasses from a digi set from Graphics ©Scrappin Doodles  http://www.scrappindoodles.com/
I print another copy of the bride and groom and the “exclusive” panel, cutting them out to use as a very basic “decoupage” layer using sticky pads to hold in place.
To complete the card, I add iridescent micro glitter to the glasses and Anita's 3D Clear Gloss finish on the eyes, bow tie and flowers for an extra 3D effect.

4 comments:

Mrs. Potter said...

The card is so cute! You make incredidle cards.How do you make them? And do you sell your stuff?
=)

Its All Fiddle Fart said...

I make a big box of general cards several times a year, in which I try to cover as many themes as I can, and leave it in the staffroom at work. People can the dip into the box as and when. It's very useful for forgotten birthdays!

People grumble that I don't make enough mens cards, mainly because I don't like making them because I like pretty things!

I do take orders, which I make at the weekend , these are larger, approx A5 size and take more time and thought, but people know that what I make them is a total one off.

I always ask about the persons hobbies, tastes and interests and work from there. I have to admit that sometimes what I make is not entirely to my taste, but "touch wood" no one has ever been unhappy with what I have made for them.

I always have a full order book, my loyal customers send me a long list of cards that I can work through during the year to avoid the disappointment of me saying I can't fit a card in.

Julia Dunnit said...

I've enjoyed browsing your blog -your new-ness to it doesn't show at all! And as for fiddle fart - I am SO in that club!!

ally fiddy said...

Fab idea for a card.