Saturday 24 October 2009

Christmas Candy Canes

Sorry, this isn’t the best photo, but these candy canes were a devil to photograph at a good angle!
Christmas Candy cane
I have made these as little presents for the girls I do cookery with at school.
And ....they proved a little more fiddle farty that I first imagined.
I have used Poundworld candy canes (they come in boxes of 15), jingle bells from Paperchase (bought last year - £3.50 for a box of 72 assorted coloured bells), red ribbon, and tags made using a large tag punch.
I secured two canes together using red ribbon that I had backed with double sided tape using my ATG gun.
Then I punched out the tag and hand wrote the sentiment. I tied the bell to a length of thread and taped the thread  to the back of the tag.  The red bow has been glued over the little bit of thread that was showing at the top of the tag.
The tag is attached to the back of the candy canes using a double sided sticky pad.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are so full of brilliant ideas, these look great x