Friday 4 December 2009

Christmas Branch Card

This is the sort of card I would like to receive; plain, simple and magical.  It only took a few minutes and I am so pleased with how it turned out.
Magical Star Branches
The branch is made from four punchies using a punch I bought recently at the NEC, (there is no manufactures name on it, so I don’t have a clue who made it)
Star Branch Christmas Card
When I bought the stars (49p pot) I thought they were an unusual colour and so might be hard to find a project  to use them on , but they go perfectly with the olive green bazzill paper used for the branch.
Star branch with writing
I’ve added a dusting of hologram micro glitter and a few tiny flat backed gems (but, if I made the card again, I might not use them, as I am not sure that they added to the overall effect.
I handwrote the greeting, I find if I write in a random sort of way, it looks like it was meant to be like that, if you know what I mean!
I have forgotten to add over the past few months that I put in a blank insert in all of my cards.  This is a job I hate doing, cutting to size etc. but have to admit it finishes a card off perfectly.
This is a design I plan to use next year, as there is no time at the moment to make anymore .
Over the past month or so I have been posting a variety of Christmas card ideas I have made, some I have made a "run" of and others are still in need of a little fine tuning, so I will probably make them next year.  In all, I had made about 200.  I took a box into work yesterday and another friend took a box into her staffroom. ….. well, I now have about 15 left,  even the “one off” samples have gone!
I like to see what went down well and what didn’t.  The Bare Tree With Heart, Early Learning Baubles and Mistletoe with pearls disappeared immediately, the ones that proved the least popular were the Accessorize Snowmen squares.
I usually rely on what’s left over to use for myself  but this weekend I will be frantically making another pile for me! Ho Ho Ho!

10 comments:

Ali M said...

Lovely card helen..
Im so pleased you have had sold lots ..I still havent made the bulk of my cards..,busy 'fiddle fartin' with other things!!
Ali
xx

Julia Dunnit said...

It's another beauty. Would that we could all get our casual handwriting to look like that! And commiserations and well done on the huge numbers sold...!

Sarah xx said...

Oh Helen this is lovely! I haven't even thought about my cards yet but might have to pinch this idea?? xx

KraftyKaren said...

Another lovely card - well done on selling so many. I sell for a local charity that I help with and this year have sold so many that I have had to have a few intensive cardmaking sessions as I usually pinch the leftovers for my own use.

Stressed Mother said...

Hi, have sent you an award from my site. www.mustgoonastashdiet.blogspot.com - your blog name is almost as good as mine - love your ideas!!

thanks Eliz

Unknown said...

Another stunning card! I can see why you almost sold out Xx

Mole said...

i've just been catching up with your blog - you have made some lovely cards!

Vicki said...

Wow, very pretty, I like the simple yet elegant look! Great job!

Hugs,
Vicki

sparklybitsblog said...

wow thats so pretty it deffinatly has the wow factor x mandy

Buncobuddy said...

You have inspired me -- gonna try it today!