Monday 25 January 2010

Heart of Pearls.

I love pearls.  They are so clean, subtle and understated.
heart of pearls

I have used an ivory linen card with gold matting for this card to match the colour of the flat back pearls.

heart of perals 2

I drew a faint heart outline as a guide and stuck the pearls down with a pva glue which dries clear.  I left a small gap between the pearls for the line to show through.

If I make this card again, I would draw the heart with a beige/mushroom coloured  fine Marvy le Plume  pen and perhaps make the heart a tadge narrower.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

this is a lovely card - another really simple and effective one.

Paula x x x

Julia Dunnit said...

Clean simple and understated - stunning Hels,..am jealous at your even-ness of heart drawing skill!

Heather said...

So simple but so effective. Love it :)

Unknown said...

Great and very classy X

Tinkertaylor said...

Very elegant

Sparkly-Fabtastic said...

thats so classy - would be lovely for a wedding card or even invites!!

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I agree but I think the list inform should secure more info then it has.