Friday 5 March 2010

A Voyage of Discovery Or My Stamping Is Pants!

stamped elephanr card
I have been experimenting with one of  my “free” Stampin’ Up stamp sets I had from their Sale-a-Bration 2010 promotion earlier this year.
stamped elephant
This is my first try with a very small elephant stamp. I used Whisper pens straight onto the stamp and to be honest the resulting colour and finish  wasn’t very successful.  I should have used my “proper” ink pads – but I was only really playing.
I stamped the ear in black, cut it out and glued it on to the elephant  – but I am not sure about that either.
It’s all very “not right” – colours, mat and layering, size, the only thing that is right is the lovely elephant stamp.I really need to go back to the drawing board …….
cup cake topper
I also played with the cup cake from the same set, another lovely stamp – but again I have failed to get it to look right – I think it’s the pink – a colour I always seem to have a great deal of difficulty in matching!
There is a Stampin’ Up link to my friend Lisa in the sidebar – for more information on Stampin’ Up products.

5 comments:

Chris G said...

Hi Helen

An unrelated question really, but where do you get your envelopes? In your side bar you say you buy the card and cut them down to make the card blanks, but what about the envelopes. Do you make them yourself or do you buy them? Do you mainly use 5ins by 5ins cards?

Tinkertaylor said...

Just love that elephant stamp. The thing with stamping is you just have to experiment which you're doing. So don't give up you will eventually find a style you like and then you get hooked and suddenly your cupboards are full of stamps!

Crafty JuJu said...

Lovely cards, I love the cupcake especially, will have to find that stamp :D x

Sandra said...

I really like the cupcake ... and hey, if it's pink, it's good :)

Julia Dunnit said...

I like em both too, you're a harsh critic! How about using a foma pad behind the elly's ear?