Monday 5 April 2010

Desert Island Crafts – Part 4

Sewing machines …………… I don’t sew …….. but I have three!
Mini Stitch
This was a bargain buy from a carboot sale – unused and still sealed in its plastic bags - £2, bargain! I have threaded it – but usually use it empty to put perforated lines on cards to make faux stitched borders, edges etc., all you have to do is join up the holes with a very thin liner pen and it looks like real stitching!
sewing machine
The original of this sewing machine came from e-bay and cost me £7 – but I swopped it for an almost identical one with my friend Lisa because it was everso slightly better. I use it when I want to put real sewing on my cards, it may be cumbersome but with the handle I can sew at my own pace and feel more in control.
large sewing machine
This sewing machine was a Christmas present, as yet unused, but when I have the time, probably in the summer, I will put my mind to mastering it.  I love the fact that amongst other stitches it does zig zag – which I very much want to use on my Christmas designs ……. aghhhh, did I mention Christmas ….. already????
  Picture 037
My treasure is a glass bubble that hangs in my craftroom window, it’s so beautiful – I got it from the fairy shop in  Camden Market about four years ago.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

oh my word, that singer machine is just gorgeous. Now I do love to sew,and I can't believe you got that on ebay ... I think I'll be doing some searching a bit later x

Nicky Stevenson said...

I'm liking the idea of using the sewing machine to just make prick marks for faux sewing! My MIL has just given me an old Winfield sewing machine and I'm thinking I might try that instead of REAL sewing! x