Friday 27 August 2010

Butterfly Card

Butterfly card
The butterflies on this card started out as a pair of earrings in a Matalan sale reduced from £6.00 to £1.80.   I think I got 32 butterflies from one pair.
Butterfly Earrings Close Up of Butterfly card
I have used a pale blue gingham, but on reflection the card looks a bit pale and pasty.
Punched Butterfly Card
I’ve punched the butterflies out using the Martha Stewart Butterfly Trio Punch and then added a pale blue flat backed gem to each one.

10 comments:

Bubbles said...

Oh, no... I think the pale blue gingham is just perfect! It's subtle and goes so beautifully with the silver.
Another triumph!

Unknown said...

Wow 32 butterflies for £1.80 what a bargain. I agree the gingham is just right. You do not want to detract from the beautiful butterflies. Thanks again

Julie (elysia2003) said...

It's amazing where inspiration comes from sometimes isn't it?.

I too, agree, pale blue gingham is the way to go!

Love it!

Julie xxx

Suzanne said...

Fab, as always. Keep the blue gingham - looks just right x

Louise said...

Yet another FABULOUS card. I had never thought of using earrings and these were obviously a really good buy!

Lynne said...

If I'd seen those earrings in Matalan I wouldn't have thought of using them like you have......but I'm learning. Thanks again for the inspiration x

Unknown said...

Looks great to me. I agree with above, i would never have thought of using them like that! Thanks for sharing xx

Anonymous said...

what a great use of those earrings. I like the simpler treatment too!

Stamping Keren x

Anonymous said...

what a great use of those earrings. I like the simpler treatment too!

Stamping Keren x

Unknown said...

Brill. What a great find. I usually look to find something like this is primark but haven't been in ages.

Paula x x x