Sunday 30 January 2011

A Fairy Clock in 15 minutes

Altered Fairy Clock
My sister had a clear out and asked me if I wanted this clock, boxed and unused, well I never like to say no!
Picture 098
I left it lying around in the kitchen for a while and then yesterday afternoon I had a brainwave.  First I checked to see if I could take the front  off, which I could and then how much space there was under the hands.
Poundworld Puffy Stickers
I didn’t have a theme in mind, so I just looked through some of the stickers I had.  They needed to be fairly big as I wanted them to cover some of the numbers on the face completely. These stickers that I got from Poundworld the other week (now reduced to buy 2 get 1 free), were perfect, and I especially like the way they are also textured.
Fairy Clock
The rest was simple. I just stuck the fairies and flowers carefully into position on the clock face, and then added smaller flowers to the hands using a little glue.  In all this took me no more than 15mins. I usually ignore cheap clocks in Home Bargains etc. but now I have made this, I want to make more. Wouldn’t it be cute to make a Christmas clock?

12 comments:

misteejay said...

That is lovely Helen and I'd love to see a Christmas clock.

Toni xx

Ali M said...

This is really lovely..well done..x

Ali said...

What a fab idea - it looks so cute xx

Sheila said...

Helen....the clock is just brilliant.
Sheila-x-

Paula said...

Helen, that's fab! I made a similar clock as a joke present for my Mum for Christmas. It was a slant on the bird clocks you see in the Betterware type catalogues... she now has it in her hallway!!!

ThePBFamily said...

what a beautiful idea! I must make one for my little one for when she has her new bedroom!

D K Crafts said...

Great idea and it would look beautiful for any little girl. Donna

KraftyKaren said...

Fab idea Helen - it looks great.

Karen x

Anj said...

What a fab idea - be great with baby themed stickers in baby's room - new mums are always clock watching and timing feeds....!

Kate Hadfield said...

Oh WOW! My DD would love this! SO simple and so effective, I'd love to see a Christmas version too! :)

marc said...

Fab these would sale at any craft/christmas fair or school fate great gift for any little girl new mum as you can pick up those sort of clocks so cheap and a great use for some of those larger £1 stickers yet again your on the ball big love marc

Little Peeps Emporium said...

Ditto for my little gremlins! That's such a great idea for the cheap clocks we inevitably have lying about! Thanks!