Friday, 27 May 2011

What’s It Called? … And Tiny Tealights …

I bought a roll of thickish metal foil years ago (see pic below), and I have only got a little bit left and would like to buy some more as I have a couple of ideas for headbands/tiaras but don’t have a clue what it’s called or where to get any from  …. can anyone help me please?
Picture 018 tea-light-candle
Also thank you for all the suggestions for mini tea lights for my tiny jam jars …… I did think that if I got a few metal screw bottle tops, took the metal attachment and wick out of an ordinary tealight and then melted the wax to put into the bottle top ….. it might work ….. watch this space ….!


Angie said...

Could it be 'ArtEmboss'embossing metal ? comes in a roll and has 2 weights I think ...and several finishes including aluminum. Good luck with the tea lights.

Pinkcoke said...

Hiya, I think Angie is right; also I'm sure I have some lurking unused - shall see if I can find it.
Re: mini tealights; if you're talking bottle-cap size the easiest thing to do would be to chop a regular taper candle into approx 2cm chunks and then reveal the wick with a similar technique to stripping plastic coated copper wire. This seems the size you want to me.