Sunday 19 June 2011

A Happy Days Mooching


We nipped over to Bridgnorth yesterday, a lovely old town about half an hour away, it is so beautiful, all olde worlde, it even has a little funicular railway going up the sandstone cliff from the Low Town to the High Town, so cute!
Spotty suitcase
…. And naturally, I had a mooch round the charity, antiquey and gift shops.  I found this old, slightly battered spotty suitcase for £1.25 in Oxfam, it’s to die for!
oblong bun tinThen  I found this quirky baking tray in another funny shop, it cost £3, over the odds I think, but I was thinking about putting shabby chic papers and sculpted flowers in the bottom of each section maybe?
Picture 177
And this was my indulgence …… have you ever seen anything so beautiful? 

9 comments:

Heather said...

I grew up in Bridgnorth! I need to go back to the High Street to do some mooching in the charity shops :) I miss that. xx

Unknown said...

Wow some great finds! Defo agree suitcase is fabulous!

Bubbles said...

I so remember going on that railway when we were little, it used to be the highlight of holidaying at my Auntie and Uncles! Sadly our last 2 visits have been their funerals, but nice to have a little wander around town and lovely to still see the railway working, even if we didn't get time to ride it.
Loving your case, would love that baking tin myself and the bottle with the little glass bird is so pretty!
Joanne x

Pamela said...

I've been on the funicular railway! I have family in the area and stopped off in Bridgnorth and jut had to go on it as I love funicular railways!
Your 'finds' are great - like the spotty case but adore the glass birdy bottle.

Suze Bain said...

There's nothing better than a day's mooching and purchasing a few little treasures. The glass bottle is fabbie! x

sue said...

What fab finds, cant wait to see the baking tray when you have 'altered' it. How gorgeous is the glass bottle, yummy x

marc said...

great finds cnt wait to see what you do with them big love marc

bonjen3 said...

love the little birdie, he can fly my way if you ever get fed up with him :)

Judith said...

My My you found some beauties. Interesting tin and that tweet bottle is fantastic. x