Wednesday 3 August 2011

Rico Creative Can Can Scarves

Rico Can Can Scarf
Last summer I raved about Rico Can Can wool after seeing it knitted in to scarves but didn’t have a clue how to use it or know anyone who could show me …. until yesterday, when I went into a wool shop in town and noticed the start of a scarf on the counter … so I asked the lady if she would show me “how it worked” …. two minutes later a ball of the yarn wool had myserriously dropped into my bag.
Rico Can Can
All the way home on the bus I went over and over in my mind what I had learnt and once I sat down and started knitting I was so excited I didn’t have my tea ‘till late. I was totally hooked, so much so I had both (150cm) scarves completed before bedtime!
I was a little unsure of casting off so went on YouTube and found this really simple demo on how to cast on, knit and cast off ….. brilliant! 
http://www.blacksheepwools.com/acatalog/Rico_Can_Can.html

9 comments:

marc said...

Wow they look fab funky and fun cleaver old you big love marc

Its All Fiddle Fart said...

Marc .... I think Hugh would love a pink one .....as the are almosy feather boa-esque!!I'll see what I can do!!

Weezy said...

Oh I love the texture in the scarves, I will have to investigate this lovely wool further!

Bitsy Beans said...

I found this lovely video on youtube which made me realise how EASY this stuff is to knit with :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2C2wPI6IjM
I am not affiliated with this person but I really liked the slow pace, some tutorials are waaaaay to fast for my baby brain LOL

Paula said...

That's fab Helen. I went to the market today to buy wool for some toys I want to knit for my daughter, and I spotted they had some web wool for £1 a ball. So I got two as like you we saw these in the winter but can can wool can be about £10 a ball. I am about to have a go, and will prob go back for more wool tomorrow if it works out! Ideal for christmas gifts! Your scarves are gorgeous!

Sandy Ang said...

love the colour and ruffly look !

Anj said...

oooh these are lovely - wool shops here we come!! x

KraftyKaren said...

How spooky I am knitting one of these at the minute in exactly the same colourway!! It is taking me ages as I have dreadful RSI in my wrists which was caused by too much knitting so can only do a couple of rows and then have to leave it for a few days - at this rate it will be finished by winter!!!!

lynda said...

I have a ball of very similar wool it's Sirdar Salsa - got it in the sale for £4 so it was a good buy. I love the colours in your scarf Helen. I have looked on internet for the same colour in the Rico wool but can't find it. Was this 1 ball you used or have you mixed the colours? If it is 1 ball can you tell me what colour description was on the wool band. It looks lovely - I love your blog!!!