Friday 26 August 2011

Peg Doll Mermaid

Look at me going all arty farty - setting the scene for my peg doll mermaid with crabs and bubbles and stuff!! Can you tell that I’m just back from holiday and come over all whimsical??!!
Peg mermaid 1
I have never made a peg doll before, so this is a real first.  I’ve used a green ProMarker pen for the tail and then added the scales using a black fine liner pen.  Her hair is an oddment really fancy wool I made a scarf with once and her bra is made from two brass charms.  I’ve also added some Stampin’Up dazzling diamonds on her tail, but its twinkliness doesn’t really show in the picture.
Peg mermaid
You may see her again in a little while, as I have plans to put her on a 2012 calendar ……..

13 comments:

Mrs A. said...

She is just wonderful. Hugs Mrs A.

misteejay said...

What a super creation - she is fab Helen.

Toni xx

sue said...

How clever, another amazing creation. I look forward to seeing your ideas each morning. xxx

Suze Bain said...

She's fab, LOVE her hair. xx

Anj said...

aww - she's gorgeous - all little girls (and bigger girls) love a mermaid! x

sweeny said...

She is lovely, she even has a belly button! x

Lynda said...

She's beautiful Helen, I've sent you an email as I think I may be one of the Lyndas.

Jem said...

She's fabulous! My 9yr old is 'well' impressed and now I have to hunt around for a peg so that she can begin creating... See you get us at all ages! ;o)

Diane said...

Fab Helen !! I`ve made alot of fairies with pegs, but never thought of a mermaid !!

hugs Diane xx

Twiggy said...

She is fabulous and really made me smile :)
Twiggy x

marc said...

she is fab and very popular great make can see these in a shop big love marc

Tip Top said...

Wow! This has taken me back - I used to make these as a kid but no where near as glam as this!!

Weezy said...

I just adore her hair, it's so textured I wouldn't mind something like that myself!