Saturday 6 August 2011

Sea Glass Heart Canvas

sea glass heart canvas 1
I’ve been tidying my craft room and found a small bag of polish sea glass …… I also found a canvas measuring 15cm x 15cm. …….
sea glass heart canvas
I cut out a heart and used it as a template on the canvas,  drawing very lightly round it with pencil and then began placing the glass pieces on the outline, chopping and changing their positions until I was happy.  When I was happy I used a strong PVA glue to secure them.  I’m dead chuffed!

7 comments:

Anj said...

and chuffed you should be... tidying up in a craft room is not a task to be undertaken lightly - lol! PS love the canvas!!

marc said...

great canvas i love sea glass i wire wrap mine and make little charms out of them big love marc

Its All Fiddle Fart said...

Thank you for the beautiful ones you sent me Marc xxxx Its an idea I really must have a go at xxx

Di said...

Love it Helen! As always, you came up with the goods! Di X

Suze Bain said...

Wow Helen, This is fab! I love sea glass and these colours are gorgeous against the white card. Have you read Anita Shreve's book "Sea Glass", it's a lovely read. xx

Cheryl W. said...

Sea glass always reminds me of how we all go through life, starting out with some sharp edges, but softening and becoming more beautiful with age. I love your canvas!

Unknown said...

I have been collecting sea glass from local beaches for a while now and have a nice collection. Trouble is, I have no idea what to do with it. I had thought of glueing it onto glass in a heart shape to hang in a window but had never quite got round it.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!