Saturday 27 August 2011

Sizzix Matchbook Bridal Sixpence Holder

Sizzix Matchbook Brides Lucky Sixpence
Oh my life, working with something this small nearly did my eyes in, completed it only measures 3cms x 4.5cms.
Sizzix Matchbook Die
I have a pile of old sixpences (for weddings) found for me by my mum, after I set her a “mission” and I was thinking of ways that I could present them other than in a box, organza bag or on a card, as seems to be the usual way and I thought my Sizzix matchbook, cover and page insert die (38-1128), would be perfect.
Wedding Matchbook Brides Sixpence
Once the matchbook was cut out I needed to get the text just the right size to stick onto the front of the insert, in the end I whittled it down to font size 8.5 in Papyrus and for the sentiment on the cover font size 9.
Sizzix Matchbook 2
Sticking the sixpence in was the easy bit, using a foam pad so that it could be removed if the bride actually wanted to put it in her shoe on the big day!
Brides matchbook with Lucky sixpence. 
A bit of tiny faux stitching and a couple of flat backed pearls finish everything off.
Picture 236
Something a bit different and I couldn’t believe that I had tiny brads that were the exact same colour as the paper I used  …. that was such a bonus!

12 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I'm sure every Bride would cherish a gift such as this. Hugs Mrs A.

misteejay said...

What a lovely idea Helen - so many folk forget about the sixpence which is a shame as it completes the tradition.

Toni xx

Daise76 said...

I really like this, gives me ideas for my cousins wedding early next year. :)

tilly said...

a brilliant idea, working with something so small may have gone out of the window with me though!
Tilly

Suze Bain said...

Another fab & original idea. xx

laura said...

What a lovely idea Helen

Bee and Dee said...

What a lovely idea Hugs Bee

Di said...

This is lovely Helen! I wonder how many brides will hop up the aisle if they take it literally?! Di xx

marc said...

this is such a fab idiea and could be a little money maker i know peps would pay for something this special you could put the brides name on the front do them in the colour of her day so much fiddle fart art and bling could be used old lace ect i really do see these selling so much more special than a card and look how much a wedding card can cost get a few done and put on ebay or go to a local wedding shop/ planer and sell this idiea big love marc

marc said...

this is such a fab idiea and could be a little money maker i know peps would pay for something this special you could put the brides name on the front do them in the colour of her day so much fiddle fart art and bling could be used old lace ect i really do see these selling so much more special than a card and look how much a wedding card can cost get a few done and put on ebay or go to a local wedding shop/ planer and sell this idiea big love marc

marc said...

this is such a fab idiea and could be a little money maker i know peps would pay for something this special you could put the brides name on the front do them in the colour of her day so much fiddle fart art and bling could be used old lace ect i really do see these selling so much more special than a card and look how much a wedding card can cost get a few done and put on ebay or go to a local wedding shop/ planer and sell this idiea big love marc

marc said...

sorry helen its this lap top and connection i push once and it enters things loads of time i think the key gets stuck sorry about that but i hope you get my point lol bif love marc