Thursday 6 October 2011

Batty Halloween Jar Lantern

I am loving making jar lanterns …. our garden has been awash with candle light of late as I try everything I have made out amongst all the tree branches.
Halloween Bats Jar Lantern
All I have done is simply cover a small jar (large mint sauce I think) with orange tissue paper, it’s trickier and  more fragile to use and not a patch on Decopatch if you’ll pardon the pun!
 Batty Halloween Jar Lantern
The bats are die cuts I’ve had for years, they are rather thick and stand a little proud of the jar so I am not exactly sure how weather proof the jar will be if we have a rainy night, however I have given it extra coats of clear varnish just in case. Getting their wings to lie flat was a little tricky but I got there in the end. 

3 comments:

Bubbles said...

Ah, Helen... yet another great creation! It looks fabby as it is, but then lit up - it's a real 'wow' piece for Halloween. I'd love to see your garden all lit up... bet it's flippin' gorgeous!

marc said...

a fun make the bats look great fun for a party or to line a path way big love Marc

sioux said...

Showed this to my DIL and she's raided my glass bin, gonna have to find more jars for me now
Sue x