Saturday 12 November 2011

Snowflake Jar Lantern

Snowflake Christmas Jar lantern
I was a bit disappointed with my first attempt at a Christmas jar lantern a while back so I’ve had another go.
Snowflake Christmas Jar lantern 1
I’ve used white tissue paper,  which proved to be quite delicate and fiddle farty to use.  I applied one layer as evenly as I could, and then, when it was dry,  put a packet of Anita’s Snowflake Glitterations on top.  This may seem a bit of an extravagance, but I bought them last year and was never inspired to use them. Next followed another layer of tissue and then several coats of Ronseal Quick Drying Clear glossy varnish.

9 comments:

Bubbles said...

Sometimes, you just find a post about something and think to yourself "Ooh... wish I'd done that".
This was one of those moments. Again. I have quite a few visiting your blog *lol*
It is so pretty - and I'm so pleased you showed the photograph of it all lit up. Beautiful!

Merry said...

This is so beautiful...those snowflakes look stunning.

marc said...

fab make would be fab at any winter event would look lovley at awinter wedding great make big love marc

Jem said...

Very pretty - great for the dark winter nights coming up! Janex

Gayle Cook said...

WOW Helen.....this is just magical.....xxx

furrypig said...

that is so beautiful thanks for sharing xxx

Mrs A. said...

Very pretty effect. Hugs Mrs A.

misteejay said...

Helen this looks wonderful lit - what a pretty make.

Toni xx

Unknown said...

cute project I am going to use silver ink and a snow flake stamp and stamp the tissue and then apply it-
thanks for your inspiration!