Wednesday 4 January 2012

Using My Brad Maker Set At LONG Last

I don’t use brads a lot …. if ever,  so whatever possessed me to want a brad maker set goodness only knows! When I first saw one it was far to expensive for what it was ….. so I waited and waited until I saw one marked at half price, bought it  …… and have never used it, until now …. about three years later!!  What am I like?!!
Bradmaker
However, my friend asked me at Christmas if I could “tart” up some small organza bags for her festive table, she wanted some way of putting names on them …. at first I was stumped …. then I “wondered” about making some brads …..
Brad Maker
I chose the biggest brads for the bags, punched out the circles and hand wrote the names, then very carefully put the plastic domed sticker over it, a dab of glue stuck them all together. However they looked a bit dull.
Brad Maker 7
So I got out the Ranger Glossy Accents and stuck tiny pearls and black domed stickers round the edges of the brad and a tiny weeny clear flat backed gem just by the name. 
But now the confession ….. I cut the brad fittings off as they didn’t hang right …. and stuck the “brad” on using my glue gun.
Easy Brad Maker 2
I know that I am a little behind at the moment with what’s new in the crafting world (since I gave up buying craft magazines and thus temptation) ….  but I understand that there is a new all singing, all dancing brad maker on the block called the I-Top from Imaginisce, which makes my set look positively prehistoric!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

They look fabulous, good idea to cut the backs off as they would have been to heavy to sit properly, I bet your friend was pleased with these lovelies,
Sandy

tilly said...

bet these looked great sitting on the table
Tilly

Tip Top said...

I aint got anything that is fashionable!

Great set of brads too!

Amy said...

I too avoid the craft magazines of temptation so I had no idea brad makers existed! Great results though.

Bee and Dee said...

Really love the brads very posh. I have a brad marker kit like the one you have, getting the domed sticker for it is the most difficult bit. Hugs Bee