Sunday 1 January 2012

Woooo Hooooo It’s 2012!

2012_basic
To make a Crafty New Years Resolution or not to make a Crafty New Years Resolution that is the question!
Primark reindeer pj'sI start 2012 with very few cello bags and envelopes after all my Christmas crafting, as I do every year, and they will need replenishing pretty quickly. 
craftroom shelvesBut, like most crafters that I have far toooooooo much stuff and if I crafted for the next 100 years I would still be saying the same thing. However, in my defence I have already cut down an awful lot in 2011. Most  of my Christmas ideas were made using stuff I have had for years. 
008So my first and probably only resolution is to reduce greatly what I spend in the coming year …. it’s hard to put a figure on it, but I really am going to try and keep a tight rein on things and mainly invest in embellishments etc. for seasonal crafting such as Valentines Day and Easter (and aghhh dare I say it Christmas 2012).
logo
Having said that, some of my budget will be going on “stuff” from Handy Hippo, who approached me shortly before Christmas asking if I would like to work with them by regularly posting ideas/projects where I have incorporated some items from their online shop. It is only fair to tell you that I will be receiving a discount from Happy Hippo on the products I use but the ideas will be my own and I will only use items that I trust and am happy to recommend.  I am really hoping that this will be a happy and successful alliance.
As a “Thank You” to all my regular followers and commenters I am also planning on doing random giveaways throughout the year.
Suitcase of stash
Marc sent me a huge pile of stuff before Christmas to do with what I wanted and so instead of asking for comments or people to become followers in order for them to “win some blog candy”, I am just going to choose someone out of the blue, who has left a comment or said something “nice” in the “chatbox” and send them a small surprise … no strings attached!!
I also hope I will be asked to do a few more reviews during the year …. requests are always a complete surprise and usually feature something completely new to me, and so keep my brain cells working.
Giant Jar of Maltesers 1
Finally I shall maintain that there is always  an ample and sufficient supply of confectionary comestibles on my work desk (and not just on Wednesdays)!!!!
So as Ethel Merman once said “Let’s get on with the show…….” and embrace 2012!

18 comments:

Kris said...

Happy new year Helen! Hope it's a good one for you! Please keep on inspiring us with your fab blog for the next 366 days! Xxx

sue said...

Happy new year, may 2012 be filled with love, laughter and great things for you and your family. x

VPlum said...

Happy New Year to you !!! Like you, I need to desperately stop buying new stash and use up the old.... If only everything wasn't so pretty.

Ali said...

Happy New Year xx Looking forward to your makes in 2012 xx

tilly said...

happy new year to you and yours, if we all live to 500 I don't think it will make a dent in our craft stuff lol
Tilly

Sue said...

Hope 2012 brings all you desire.

Happy crafting.

Linda said...

Happy New Year. Thanks for all the fun and inspiration in 2011 and long may it continue. Hugs x

Nikki D said...

Happy New Year to you, thanks for all the inspiration over the year. As to all your stash, I think the thing that amazes me is how well you must store it to know what you have and be able to find it for a particular project! I have much less than you and have no idea what I have :)

Suze Bain said...

Happy new year to you Helen! Thank you for a year filled with inspiration and fun. I don't do resolutions but not buying a heap more stash until I use some of what I already have is a fairly sensible one. As is eating large quantities of maltesers! Lol! Wishing you a great 2012. xx

SueF said...

Happy New Year Helen!

I've the same resolution as you, have got far too much stash - most of which I don't use. Maybe we should all start a swap shop!

Sue

marc said...

so glad you are using up all your bits we should all do that and i am glad you are giving out the bits in i sent you in a act of random kindness way i get things sent to me and i/we make cards to sell for a terminally ill unit i go to we also make scrap books, memories paper chains/bunting ,i wish i was there to say insprational card box's etc for the families and friends who are left behind so all that love is passed on and you start doing that by sharing all your wonderful ideas and inspiration,A big Thank you for a wonderful year of love and craft Marc

KraftyKaren said...

Happy New Year Helen - wishing you a fabulous 2012.

Well I thought I had a lot of stuff but now that I have seen your shelves, I am not so sure. I think next time Mr P is moaning about all my stuff I will show him those photos and tell him it could be worse.

Karen x

Anj said...

Haha - think my stash would last till next century too - I DREAD ever having to move house and sort it out (so why can't I walk past a craft shop......?). Keep up the great work Helen - we love your daily blogings. So pleased for your you & your new venture with Handy Hippo. Love to you and yours and here's to a Crafty 2012! x x

lonidan said...

I hope you and the duke plus the rest of your familly have a very happy and peaceful new year helen. I look forward to being inspired throughout 2012 and beyond. My day would not be the same without a peek at your blog. Long may you have loads of stash!!
Louise xx

misteejay said...

What an exciting venture for 2012 - I wish you well with it Helen.

I have tried so hard this year to be more restrained in my stash buying but I think there is just something about paper, glue and pretty things that I can't resist.

Toni xx

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Happy New Year, looking forward to what you sprise us with this year, and I love the size of that malteser jar.....I would barely be able to keep one layer going in it lol

lynda said...

Happy New Year Helen! Can't wait to see what you come up with for 2012!

Lynda & Winnie xx

Unknown said...

Wow what a great plan for 2012, loving all the sweets in this post too made me chuckle.... you are an inspiration!

Big hugs Jo xxxx