Friday 16 March 2012

A Newspaper Bag For Grandma Winnie

Newspaper Shopping bag
I made this bag for one of “Mums Monkeys” favourite followers, Grandma Winnie, who is officially Monkey, Darrell and Nigel’s adopted Grandma!!  She remarked that she liked the original newspaper style bag I did featuring the rascals and as I love her so much I made an extra special one for her, featuring her and her adopted monkey Hamish.
Final winnie bag
In cahoots with Winnie’s daughter Linda, who sent me some information and the pictures   I put this A4 sized newspaper design together, using Windows Publisher, which I then printed onto transfer paper and ironed onto a cotton bag from HobbyCraft.
Diamond Jubilee Bag
It was such a pleasure to do and am keeping my fingers tightly crossed that it got to Winnie in time for Mother’s Day.

7 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Awww, this is fantastic! What a lovely, thoughtful gift.

lynda said...

AaaHH!!! My wee mum is famous!!! The bag is fabulous Helen - and mum is soooooo delighted with it! It was so thoughtful of you - especially when you have lots to do for yourself & family! Thank you so much! Wish I lived next door to you! x

Lynda xx

Suze Bain said...

Absolutely fabulous! Gaun yersel Winnie! xx

linda said...

Helen your bag is brill I am sure winnie will love it and use it with pride.you really should make and sell these as they would go a treat.
linda x

marc said...

A great make for a great lady who did her part in the war and as they say hen you were a looker big love marc

Paula said...

That's fantastic, love love love Winnie and am sure she'll love the bag! xxxx

Di said...

Fantastic! What a super gift for a special lady and hope she has a fabulous Mother's Day - but sorry Lynda, I've already got my name down to move in next door to Helen :)

Di
xx