Wednesday 15 August 2012

Framed Snowmen Tags

Framed Snowman Tags
At last …. I have used up all the little wooden frames I have had for years, after foolishly buying in bulk. Originally they had a boat in the centre on  a wire and a sea shell, but I pulled them all apart and used all the boats, to be left with a pile of frames, aggghh.
Craft for Christmas Embellishments
I liked the snowmen for their naive style and as they were reduced to 72p for a pack of 8 last Christmas I snapped up a couple of packs at my local garden centre.
Framed Snowman tag
I’ve used a white gel pen to doodle patterns on the frame and made the background using scraps of pastel blue polka dot and white glitter paper, stuck on a Kraft card base.  When glued on and turned over I have handwritten the label, adding a bit of frou frou!
Back of Snowman Tag
All that was left to do then was to drill a hole and add a tie. Done and festively dusted!

5 comments:

tilly said...

These little tags are so cute, everyone will love them!
you do find all the bargins lol
Tilly

Do Not Break The Dog said...

LOVING the snowmen tags. I have drawers of stuff I'm 'meaning to' get on with. I may just have been inspired to get a wriggle on...:)

marc said...

those are fab and i love those little frames i have the one you sent me last christmas it going to come out every year on my tree big love marc

Dianne said...

Cute snowman face and once again really versatile.....could hang on the tree, embellish a gift or stocking, or even be propped on a bookcase or mantle, or hung on a wreath or garland....could go on and on with endless ideas for this wonderful snowman in a frame....Dianne

KraftyKaren said...

these are really lovely and could be used as tree decorations afterwards xx