Sunday 20 October 2013

Halloween Brew 2013

Oh my life I never thought I would ever get back my enthusiasm to make my Halloween brew again.  I lost all my files when my computer “died", so last Halloween I didn’t have the heart to “redo” them ….. but there is something about seeing all the Halloween bits and pieces in the shops that just nags at me to do something …..  So Ta Dah …… FiddleFart Halloween Brew 2013!
Halloween Brew.Inside each packet I have put in a sachet of hot chocolate,(Maltesers or Galaxy – 99p for a pack of 5  from Home Bargain etc.) some mini marshmallows (Home Bargains 79p or Poundland £1) which I have then divided into small cello pretzel bags and sealed with my Elitech vacuum bag sealer, two skull lollipops from a huge bag from Poundland (23 at least)  and a couple of plastic spiders left over from my sweetie bags.
Halloween BrewI have put together a poem, not a brilliant one I know   ….. but it goes with the contents I have put in the packs, namely the skull lollipops as stirrers and as far as I am concerned I am free to give my poem away to anyone who wishes to use it, as it came out of my head …… so copy away …. 
soupI am also free to offer you a download of the PDF file of the sheet of four cards to put in your packs as the doodled spiders and webs are also mine! I have left the bottom part of the card blank so that you can decorate it yourself with stickers etc. as I have done.  The font used is Chiller.
The cards were designed to fit a cello bag approx. 9cm wide  x 22cm long  (not including the fold over), however, if your bags are a little bigger you could do a little creative mat and layering to make them fit!  I sealed the completed packs with my sealer, which also cuts the excess cello bag off, but a transparent cell would work just as well.
Halloween Brew. skull lollyOnce downloaded the file can be printed on any colour card/paper – and embellished as you wish.
I bought my Elitech vacuum sealer several years ago, but don’t really feel qualified to offer any advice on buying one ….but if you are thinking about it  for crafting, have a look on e-bay or Amazon …. I think I would expect to pay anything up to about £40 perhaps – anything under £20 would be a bargain!

8 comments:

SueF said...

Spooktacular!! Thanks for sharing xx

Sue

Mrs B said...

Hi Helen. Brilliant bags, I love the poem : ) Take care.

Ali said...

Thanks for sharing xxx

marc said...

Fab love it your a poet as well these days there no stopping you i love it big love marc

Paula said...

Wonderful Helen. Nice to see you back in the swing of things. xxx

Nicky Stevenson said...

Great! I think I've seen these sealers at either Lidl or Aldi at times. (Aldi also has an A3 laminator for about £20 this week!)

Cheryl W said...

You've just made Halloween 2013 more fun!

Anonymous said...

I think you were singing "Let it snow" in your head when you were composing your poem. See you're getting in the Christmas mood already!!!