Thursday 16 October 2014

Halloween Trick Or Treat Spider Nightmare!

This is just a mad, mad idea …… I had a few marshmallow poles left over from my Boo Brew …. and thought what on earth am I going to do with them,….. apart from eating them!
IMG_0006When, all of a sudden  I had a moment of erm ….. inspiration?   I tied four poles together with a little black cord, and then covered it over with a short length of the black web ribbon I got from Michaels in Las Vegas last year …. the happy memories flooding back to me  as I did it.  I used my trusty glue gun to glue the ribbon ends together as it was very quick and I didn’t have to wait for anything to dry.
IMG_0004Then,  glue gun still in hand, I began to randomly glue down plastic spiders all over the bundle ….. The spiders came from DiscountUK and cost just £1 for a huge bag of 72 of the creepy blighters and my aim is to use them all up before this Halloween is over!!
IMG_0007I think they each took me no more than 5 minutes to put together …….
IMG_0008……. and probably cost me less than 50p each to make, and they are, I have to say, my favourite Halloween make this year …… so far!

7 comments:

Di said...

Squeal! I ran away in fright and won't be knocking on YOuR door this Halloween Helen. Brilliant idea - shuddering though here!

Hugs

Di xx

Suze Bain said...

Eek, these are really realistic. Fab! X

Mrs B said...

Hi Helen.
Fab idea. How do you think these great ideas up? I wish I had just a little of your imagination. Thank you for sharing. I love seeing what each post is from you. Take care.

KraftyKaren said...

OMG they look so real - great idea but please keep them away from me LOL!!!

Unknown said...

My arachnaphobia has just kicked in big time! The kids will love them but not me!

Pamela said...

Another one who hates spiders and has had to quickly scroll past the photos LOL! Great idea though.

marc said...

love this make i need all your new halloween bits big love marc