Saturday 25 March 2017

A Domino Tag For Iris

This project uses a 7cm x 3.5cms children's picture domino as it’s base.
Domino Crafts Iris Mixed Media Domino TagI covered the coloured side of the domino with scraps of a handwriting print paper and torn layers of a spotty green paper plus a scrap for Iris’s name.  The Iris flower is a button leftover from the days of Alan and Barry on Create and Craft. Iris’s name and the edging down the side was done with a black fine liner pen, knowing that the ink would run slightly when the Aleene's Pendant Gel (no longer, I don't think, available in the UK) was applied to the completed design, because I wanted, what I hoped would be, an aged look(?).  The yellow/gold flat backed gems also applied before the gel went on. By flooding the area with quite a thick layer of gel I hoped that the flower would look part embedded in the gloss, like an old tile.Domino Crafts Iris Flower Mixed Media Domino TagOnce the gel had hardened I covered the sides with gold Inkssentials Memory Foil (possibly no longer available in UK)  and smoothed down with a crease mouse.
I screwed a tiny gold eye hook in the top of the “domino”, using a black jewellery wire and  pearl, silver and pink facetted bead to make the hanger.  The back of the tag was simply covered with an account book print paper.
back of Domino tagThe tag is going to be put away for Iris, probably for her Birthday or perhaps Christmas to go into her memory box of tree decorations I have made her over the past two years. I will write a little message and date it when I give it her.  I wonder where it will be in 50 years time?

1 comment:

tilly said...

its a super button and made a special tag just for Iris
Tilly x