Every post here seems like an experiment just lately, and today is no exception, I was inspired by some button “SWAPS” I found on Pinterest http://pen-grunt.livejournal.com/202546.html and decided to have a try myself. Button wise, all I have at the moment is a jar of red buttons and a few mother of pearl ones, the rest fell foul of my moving house craft cull, doh!
Once the centre red button with a mother of pearl one on top was added I knew I had to just leave them, without touching, for at least 24hrs, to allow them to stick good and proper. Close up photos of gluey small objects are so unforgiving.
Once set, I didn’t want the white card showing on the reverse, under the fastener, so cut some self adhesive fabric to go over it, far more professional looking!The final job was to add the fastening pins, again using E6000, so that I could be confident that they wouldn’t come off.