Tuesday 19 September 2017

Craft Stick Reindeer Tags

Following on from the other day, I just couldn’t resist getting another packet of the wooden gold glitter reindeer embellishments from The Works, and after today….. I think I will be back for another couple of packets as the ideas are still flowing!
CRaft Stick Reindeer TagsI decided to make a frame tag using some small coloured craft sticks (7.5cm x .6cms) I found in The Range.
IMG_4692IMG_4696
I glued the frames together using PVA.
IMG_4694IMG_4699
When the frames were dry I matched them and the reindeer heads with a suitably patterned and roughly in proportion Christmas paper.
IMG_4701Adding faux stitching round the frame using a white gel pen really made it pop.
IMG_4703IMG_4704
To neaten the back of the tags I covered the backing paper with a scrap of white card edged with a black fine liner pen, so that a message can be added at a later date.  I also drilled a hole in the top corner of the frame for a jump ring and tying/hanging thread.
IMG_4698Craft Stick Reindeer Tag
Apart from adding googly eyes and a red flat back gem nose to the reindeer, I also drilled a hole through each antler to accommodate a small gold jingle bell attached by a jump ring.
Reindeer Tag using Craft SticksAnd that’s it really, apart from a length of red and white Butchers twine to attach the tag to a parcel or the Christmas Tree. Voila!

2 comments:

marc said...

these are just fab big love marc

Cheryl W said...

These turned out great! You've really managed to bring so many of your ideas to fruition. And they have all turned out fab.