Monday 15 October 2018

Boho Style Christmas Tree Decorations

After two years I am considering injecting a bit more oomph into my twig Christmas tree this year, it’s all been very tasteful so far, but now I think I am done with the less is more chandelier drops and small balls effect, if you’ll pardon the expression.
Crystal Christmas Tree using Chandalier Drops_thumb[3]
So with that aim in mind I have been experimenting with some boho style decorations using some of the rectangular plastic drops I have put on the tree in the past.
IMG_9134
However, the idea proved to be a lot more fiddly and long winded  than I first anticipated and as you know I am not blessed with much patience when things don’t go as well as planned ….. and so I got a bit bored with the project, but I did persevere.
IMG_8985IMG_8988
I started by covering the flat side of the drops with various  decopatch papers and then gluing two together back to back, well, that was the theory, but the drops had a little bit of a curve in  them so would not stick together flat without a fight!
IMG_8989IMG_8990
It was a full on battle to keep the mini bulldog clips in place without them pinging across the room every five minutes but once settled I left them over the weekend for the glue to cure properly.
IMG_9135
I coloured all the joining beads and drops with Sharpie pens, again a bit fiddle farty for an impatient me. Flat back flower gems were then stuck on both sides of the decoration for extra bling.
IMG_9137
Not that I intend to attempt to make them again, but if I did I  might add a little ultra fine silver or iridescent glitter to the papers before I glued them.  Whether they end up on my tree I am not to sure but I will find somewhere for them.

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Your efforts have definitely paid off - they're beautiful!

CraftyCoffey said...

The new decorations look fantastic, worth persevering over.

Michele

Pamela said...

They’re really pretty can’t wait to see if they make it on to the tree.

marc said...

yep they need to go on the treebigove marc