Thursday 22 November 2018

Black & Grey Sampler Frame

This frame wasn’t as easy as I had first anticipated. It’s for my neighbours upstairs and I had set myself the challenge of making a Christmas sampler frame to “go” with their almost entirely black, grey and white decor .
IMG_9621
I started by removing and throwing away the glass in the frame and then covering the design sheet that was inside with a variety of grey patterned paper scraps and white glitter card.
IMG_9591IMG_9592IMG_9594
The first four spaces were pretty quick and easy to put together using the previous samplers I have made as a guide ………..
IMG_9622IMG_9623
…….. but the last two, the reindeers and Santa, were the hardest, as I have almost run out of my collection of embellishments that were in the right proportion to the frame and as a result I had to more or less come up with something new. 
IMG_9626IMG_9625
All I can say is thank goodness this was the last frame of the nine (from Poundland) that I’d got!
IMG_9624IMG_9627
The sampler definitely needed a touch of red and one or two other hints of colour otherwise it would have disappeared upstairs.  It was an interesting challenge, something outside my comfort zone and to perhaps explore some more when I have more time to play after Christmas.

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Wow! You did a great job on this one. I would have really struggled to make it look festive with black and gray the dominant colors. The touch of red was exactly what it needed.

CraftyCoffey said...

The finished sampler looks fantastic.

Michele

tilly said...

well done, you seem to have a never ending supply of bits for these small projects lol
Tilly

Pamela said...

The finished frame is really lovely. I’m sure they will love it and it will fit in with the decor.