Tuesday 18 December 2018

Objects Of Desire

Lucy (my daughter) and I  often say we both need another house to put all the furniture that we see and love but which just wouldn’t fit or suit the flat/house we live in. It might also be an idea to turn a blind eye to all such delights and stop visiting charity shops and antiques centres all together, but I don’t think that will ever happen. 
So today I bring you a few objects of my desire …….
IMG_9724
My jaw dropped when I saw this 60’s/70’s sideboard …… OMG did I want it!
IMG_9726
……. as well as the cabinet above …… it would make the most fantastic cocktail cabinet.  I love anything from 50’s and 60’s and some 70’s, the more kitsch the better. My brother in law has a small bungalow back in Wolverhampton which is 60/70s in style and every time I go my mind has a terrible habit of wandering as to how I would furnish and decorate it to suit the period.
IMG_9729
But then, I also like a bit of Gothic, this was the second time I’d gravitated towards this mirror at Bonds near Stratford Upon Avon ….. and then I saw and remembered the price tag of around £485 ….. dream on lady!
IMG_9727
I also spotted this coat …… believe me, when I finally hit a size 12 by the summer it would at least get a try on, and then I would see Lucy’s nose wrinkle and  think perhaps I should leave it where it is ….. at least for a while!!!!!
IMG_9731
And finally this dresser/dressing table in Forces Support shop in Evesham. I guess it’s probably Edwardian and sadly I had to make do with opening all the drawers and side cabinets and then just stroking it, sighing that it was never meant to be ……
IMG_9733IMG_9734
It was a steal at only £145 but it would have to be in the right house to bring out all its quirky beauty.  Not everyone’s cup of tea I know, but definitely mine.  I am not sure about wanting one house to fill with my weird and wonderful desires, I think I need a whole terrace of them.

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

It's so much fun to see what strikes your fancy. You definitely have some eclectic tastes, which I love!

marc said...

you have a designers eye that's why its so eclectic you know a style and without restraints could make it work rick and i would say yes yes yes to everything and let's just say on the weight side you made our draw drop you are looking fabber than you already where Miss Helen your looking fine big gone with the weight love marc and co