Tuesday 17 December 2019

Blinged Up Poundland Tinsel Wreath

I needed something on the one wall of my festive guest bedroom to replace the two bejeweled mirrors that didn't quite go amongst all the other Christmas frou frou ........
...... and this is what I came up with, a bit in your face, but when can you go sooooo over the top other than Christmas?
I took two Poundland silver tinsel wreaths (£1) and added some small red baubles with either a glitter, smooth or shiny finish to them, removing the gold hanging part and using a glue gun to fix them into place. 
The wreath still looked a little sparse .........
........ so I then added even smaller red baubles with the same finishes to fill the spaces in between.
I'll be honest, I am not entirely sure about them, they are rather garish and not entirely to my taste, however perhaps after Christmas, when the sales are on, I might try to find some other similar sized bauble sets in different colours and see if I can tweak them a little.  If not they might find themselves donated to a charity shop next December, we shall see!

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

I'm certain you'll figure out how to mold them to your taste. I'll be looking forward to reading about your solution!