Monday 7 January 2019

Mr And Mrs Scrabble Wedding Card

This card measures approx. 18cms x 13cms and is made using a hand cut ivory linen effect card (Papermill Direct)
Mr and Mrs Scrabble wedding card
Is could just be me, but are the cleanest, simplest cards often the ones that are the most time consuming and fiddly to actually put together?
The card was for my nephew’s and my new niece-in-law’s wedding, I didn’t want to do fluffy hearts and flowers and all that gushy stuff as that’s just not their style so I plumped for using some of the small, adhesive, cork scrabble letters I have had forever.
Mr and Mrs Wedding Scrabble card
I layered the centre panel on gold mirror card and then started to fiddle fart with the letters, oh my life, the spacing was a nightmare.  I was going to put the “and” in scrabble letters too, but whichever way I put them looked pants, so I then went hunting for an “&” amongst my various adhesive alphabet sets, and fortunately found one …….. perfect! 
As the card was very plain I thought I could get away with a few tiny gold coloured flat backed gems on the original spots on the “&”, that was all the glitz was really needed.
I am pretty chuffed with the end result, but boy did this card make me sweat!

3 comments:

ali said...

What a cracking idea, its one i may have to borrow in the future

Cheryl W said...

I've made a few cards with Scrabble tiles, but none of them looked as nice as yours. It truly did come together perfectly. Nice job!

marc said...

looks great dont forget you can cut out your letters in any font on the scan and cut do them a couple of times glue together on top off each other cover it in ultra thick embossing powder and your have some fab letters to use big love marc