Wednesday 6 February 2019

Cards from Christmas 2018 – Fiddle Fart Guest Crafters No. 2

Four cards that I was soooooo lucky to have received for Christmas 2018, plus an interloper for you today.
The first card is from Di, a fellow craft blogger and adopter of several of my monkeys way back in 2011.  In our cards we both mooted that another Monkey reunion in Swindon must surely be a goer in the coming year. Why Swindon? Well, it’s almost half way between where Di and Valery (another adopter) live, easy by car and for me the train.  This is a stamped design, but so beautifully executed, coloured and cut out I really thought it might have been a printed die cut. Sorry Di.   http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/
The next card was from The Lovely Laura’s mum.  I am guessing it was cut on her Silhouette.  I think I have told this story before, but when we were making all the things for Tom and Laura’s wedding I introduced Denise to said Silhouette which she really ran with it, putting me to shame, as I don’t think I have had mine out since cutting out all those cheese shaped boxes!
Another stamped card from Christine ( Tilly), I love it, so cute and such lovely colours.  You know me and stamping ….. but  a couple of weeks ago I treated myself to Tonic Studios & Tim Holtz Travel Stamp Platform, which seemed to be the perfect size for me as I tend not to make cards any bigger than 6ins x 6ins. Using a new customer code I managed to get it with 20% off, so that pleased me too. Needless to say, like  a lot of crafters I have yet to try it, but perhaps this post will give me that spur.  Initially I want it to print sentiments straight onto a card, something I rarely do as I am such a kak handed stamper and in the past many, many blank cards have ended up in the bin. So …… watch this space.
This final card was obviously a Thank You card sent by my very dear Monkey follower friend Jan The Fan.  It’s the cute simplicity of it.  I think I could do something very similar for Easter using some of the wooden polka dot rabbits I have squirrelled somewhere. I just need to have more faith in my doodling ability.  Marc would now tell me that when I have come up with a doodle I am happy with I could then put it through my Scan n Cut ……. I feel another “out of my comfort zone” challenge coming up for me then ……  but as Marc is coming over in a few weeks time, perhaps we could do this one together ….. it sounds like a plan.

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

They are all lovely cards. I save all my handmade cards, as I know the thought and care that has gone into each one.

tilly said...

I thought to myself... I did some of these this year.... to find it was mine lol...I get wonky sentiments as well, looks fine until the ink touches the paper, seems you have a good plan for Mark's visit
Tilly

marc said...

i loved all the handmade cards you got this year and you displayed them so well every one fitted in , like most crafters you really appreciate everything that another crafter has made and taken the time to send to you i know how much as i have seen and heard you ooh and ahh over them lol another thing i think a lot of crafters do in secret lol ,and Yes my fab friend put it on the list of things we can do, big love marc

Di said...

Aw, just found this Helen! Thank you :) Am in bed with a poorly trotter (goat!) right now so playing catch up! Hope all is well with you, you're keeping busy I see. Need to get over this little lot and then we can start planning Swindon if you're still up for it.

Hugs

Di xx