Wednesday 29 May 2019

Found - Poundland Bathroom Wall Plaques/Frames

Wooooo hooooo hoooooo, I am sooooooooooooooooooo flipping chuffed!

You may remember the shadow box I made using a one of the page designs from the Hunkydory Little Book Of Wonderful Wintertime I reviewed and a Poundland bathroom picture frame, well  after seeing how it turned out, with not a lot of effort,  I decided that it really should be my 2019 Christmas fairing keepsake (in lieu of a card which are almost always discarded after the event).  However, making more depended on my finding the frames again. I originally found the three I already had in the Portobello Road (London) branch of Poundland. I did wonder if they were just a one off or the last of range, because in the past it has been a very strange shop for stock despite it's wonderful tourist location.  I looked in Worcester, which has two Poundlands, but they are small and their range not brilliant.  I then worried that by the time I managed to get to a really big Poundland the frames would be gone anyway as is often the way ........ so I began to look at other options, none of which were as good.

So when Marc and Rick suggested a trip over to a retail park in Malvern that had a Poundland during our annual Eurovision Weekend it was a no brainer, although I have to admit I wasn't all that hopeful. 
However ...... BINGO ....... and I will admit unashamedly to clearing the whole shelf, poor Marc!!!  They even had two designs, one including seashells, which I am sure will come in useful for something as they are quite a nice size 
....... and it goes without saying that the ribbon will have to go, but really it's all about the depth of the frame that will allow for a 3D layered design to fit inside.  I now have enough to cover my Christmas needs plus a few extra for other ideas that will undoubedly pop  up ......... thrilled is not the word!

3 comments:

Roni said...

Hi Helen :D
These are great! I've been buying the box frames from Ikea (now nearly £4), which are very white, frame is very large and It's very blah! So it takes a lot of faffing to not make it look like an ikea frame!! Whereas these poundland frames you found are just perfect!
Hugs Roni :D xox

Cheryl W said...

Congrats on this major find. Perseverance pays off!! Have fun turning them into holiday treasures.

CraftyCoffey said...

Well done on your successful shopping trip, I’ll bet the staff were wondering what was going on!!

Michele